Prayer and Missions
Jesus prayed, “Our Father who is in heaven, may your name be treated as holy. May your kingdom come, may your will be done …” (Matthew 6:9-10, LEB).
Jesus said, pray for God to raise up more laborers to go into His harvest and preach the gospel (Matthew 9:37-38).
Let us share some ways to pray for our local and global missions movement among churches, missionaries, partners and short-term mission teams. If you know specific individuals, families, churches, organizations or programs, please align them with these prayer guidelines.
The apostle John wrote: “This is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us” (1 John 5:14, NKJV, emphasis added).
Let us pray
- Pray that God’s name will be glorified in all the ways we advance the gospel.
- Pray that the gospel will spread and multiply disciples.
- Pray that those who serve will be loving, humble and obedient.
- Pray for perseverance and patience in suffering for the gospel.
- Pray for relationships to grow deep and financial resources to be provided.
- Pray for laborers to sustain and reproduce movements.
- Pray for trust and unity among the believers.
- Pray for peace and favor in hard places to overcome evil.
- Pray for discernment and wisdom in day-to-day matters.
- Pray that worship of God will lead the way for His Word to be declared among the nations.
“Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.”
– Oswald Chambers