Part-time Hourly Children's Ministries Coordinators Needed - mornings, evenings, and weekends available. Flexible schedule necessary. Team lead for staff and volunteers during church services and other times. If you love children and desire to provide a safe and loving environment for families and children, consider becoming part of Northland’s Children's Ministries team.
- Love for God: Personal, vibrant, and loving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Winsome: Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Leadership: Proven ability to recruit and encourage volunteer and staff involvement, development, and empowerment.
- Team-Builder: Ability to organize, coach, encourage other staff and volunteers.
- Relationally Astute: Discernment in handling sensitive issues, managing conflict biblically and maintaining confidentiality.
- Communication: Demonstration of high emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a safe and loving environment for families and children.
- Communicates with staff and volunteers any pertinent information as needed.
- Adjust scheduled rooms, staff, and volunteers as needed.
- Greets families and oversees check in of children.
- Ensures safety of children by continually monitoring classrooms.
- Observes and responds to children’s needs, emergencies, and/or conflicts that may occur in the classroom or on the playground.
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with the Children’s Ministries Handbook.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Children’s Ministries Staff.
-Able to stand for long periods of time.
-Consistently able to lift children of up to 30 lbs from the floor to waist height. Consistently able to carry a child 30 lbs up to 100 feet.
-Consistently able to kneel or crouch down to maintain eye contact at child's level.
-Consistently able to sit on the floor to work with children and reach high enough to make contact with children on the playground.
-Preferred has volunteered or worked in Children’s Ministries for at least 6 months.
-High School diploma.
-Basic computer skills.
-Willing to work a regular weekly schedule, with flexibility to fill in occasional other shifts.
-Love of children!