Hurricane Irma: How Can I Help?
Updated: Monday, September 18 at 1:58 PM
We will have another Local Serve day on Saturday, October 7! We will continue to serve our community. Join us!
Updated: Tuesday, September 14 at 10:10 a.m.
Hurricane Irma Serve Day
We're busting out the blue Serve shirts a few weeks early! Now that Hurricane Irma has passed, her effect on the lives in our community has not passed. This week we opened the Rink to be a shelter, fed over 1,000 people in the foyer, and dispatched numerous teams into the community to clear trees and debris in neighborhoods. There is still a great need, and in response, we are setting up a Hurricane Irma Serve Day.
• Saturday September 16th
• 8am - 1pm – meet at the Longwood worship center at 8am for shirts and team assignments
• All projects will be outside - including debris removal, trapping roofs etc. (wear a hat, closed toe shoes, bring sunscreen and water)
• Wear your Blue Serve shirt or pick one up day of
• Lunch provided to volunteers serving
• Children are welcome with parental supervision
• Bring your own work gloves and if you have more, bring a pair for a friend!
• Some tools will be provided but please bring additional supplies you have from the list below.
• Supplies needed: rakes, brooms, shovels, mops, rags, five-gallon buckets, large heavy duty garbage bags, work gloves, cleaning supplies, small tools, tarps, masks, rags, water, paper towels, toilet paper, bug spray.
SIgn up here or just show up!
Updated: Tuesday, September 11 at 9:20 p.m.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are having a community cookout and we want you to join us! No doubt the last several days have been difficult on all of us. With so many without power, we want to take this opportunity to come together as a community around a free, hot meal. We hope you'll bring your friends, family, kids, and neighbors! We also plan to send you home with a boxed lunch for your neighbors.
What: Community Lunch Cookout
When: Wednesday from 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Where: 530 Dog Track Rd, Longwood FL (Main Foyer)
Many of you have asked how you can help with recovery efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma. There are several ways you can be there for your neighbors in their time of need, coming alongside them in the name of Jesus Christ and helping them to put their lives back together. We can’t do this without you!
Relief donations are needed, including: cleaning supplies, small tools, tarps, rakes, brooms, shovels, mops, rags, five-gallon buckets, large heavy duty garbage bags, work gloves, boots, masks, rags, water, diapers, baby items, paper towels, toilet paper, toiletries, canned ready-to-eat food, snacks, bug spray and pet food. No clothing donations are being accepted at this time.
Monetary donations are also needed and can be made to Northland’s Disaster Response Fund by texting “$Amount Northland Disaster” to 45777 or by giving online.
If you would like to join Northland’s efforts to serve and care for our community, you can sign up here.
Please join us in praying for our community and those affected by Hurricane Irma.
Complete the Need Help form here. If you would rather speak to a person or need help filling out the form, we have established a call center to help you (which you can call after 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 12): 407-949-4005. If you are in real danger, call the authorities – for emergency numbers you can visit this website.
Thank You Fellow Northlanders for your help, I’m Praying That You Can Help Me With Debris Removal, and help me with The Tree Branches All Over My Yard In Sanford, With Love In Jesus Christ Our Lord